Modern Pages People Widget not showing images

Copper Contributor

When we first added the People Widget to our Modern Pages it would display the profile image for that person.  About a little over a month ago that changed and now it only shows initials for the person.  Was this done on purpose, our users really liked being able to see the images of the person without having to hover over them to have the profile pop up.  Is this something we can control or is it permanent.  Tried searching but could not find anything around this particular topic with regards to the widget.

9 Replies
When you say "about a little over a month ago that changed": What do you mean? If the profile image has not been changed in Office 365, it should be shown in the People Widget

So by change I mean that when we first setup our Modern Pages and added the widget it would display the user's image on the widget (in compact mode).  Now it only displays the initials and to see the person's image you either need to hover over the person or click on them to see it by pulling up their profile.  I have attached a screenshot of the people widget.  You can see the initials for each person, but up until about a little over a month ago instead of the initials you actually saw the profile image.

We are experiencing the same behavior in our tenant.  We have users that added the people web part before the holidays and it showed the images rather than initials.  Now it only shows initials until you hover over the person.  I noticed yesterday if you look at the people icon right after refreshing the page the image would show then switch back to the initials. I cannot replicate that refresh behavior today.

Did anyone get this resolved? I'm experiencing a similar issue where for a list of users I enter in the People modern web part, some profile pictures load and some do not. All the users in question do have profile photos loaded that do appear when you search them in Delve.

We opened a case with Office 365 support and was told that it was a known issue and they were not sure when it will be resolved.

Thanks Mike, hopefully it will be resolved sooner rather than later!

Thanks for this post, I had similar issues with the People Widget in the Modern experience with a handful of people not showing up with pictures and instead displaying initials only. 

I managed to get Microsoft to confirm it was a bug via a 365 Support ticket and they have fixed the issue on my organisations tenants today, so all people in the widget now display pictures instead of initials. 

Just thought I would share this here as you may still have the issue. They didn't hand me a bug number so unfortunately I can't provide it for reference. Good Luck.

Martin

@Evert Eckhardt Did you get any luck having this issue fixed. I have the same issue with users pictures on people widget. some of them are appearing and the rest no.

Any suggestions for this? I want to adopt Sharepoint and not being able to use this widget will hinder the whole thing.