Modern Pages - Highlighted Content - empty with Card Layout

Copper Contributor

Hi-

I am new to the community and have an issue with the Highlighted Content web part. I have searched the other discussions, and I think my issue is slightly different. 

I am trying to use the Highlighted Web Part to show links that we have recently added to our modern Sharepoint site. I have added the part with no filters and this web part shows empty. We have added about a dozen links today (I double checked to make sure we added them as links), so this is unexpected.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! -e

7 Replies

Can you provide a screenshot of your webpart configuration.

Are you using Link Content Type or were you using Promoted Links?

Hi, Beau-

The Type = Content Type.

I am not familiar with Promoted Links. Should I be using that instead?

-e

How are you creating he links? Pretty sure that content type is links in a document library when you select new > link when you are in a library. I’ll have to test later but if mind serves right that’s all that will pick up. Not links in the link web parts etc.

I just tested by adding links app to the site and couple of links to the list and all links show up in Highlighted content webpart. I choose the same configuration as yours. I just had to reindex the site couple of times and my links started showing up in the highlighted content webpart.

The Highlighted Content depends on search - so you need to be patient when you use it! Make sure that you give the search index time to run. Once the content has been indexed, you should start seeing results.