Modern Page Properties

Brass Contributor

Hi,

Can anyone help me please, I feel like I'm going crazy. I've been creating a load of modern pages for the first time in anger on a Communication site. At one point I got into some page properties with various options that I've never seen before or knew how they changed the page - the only problem is I cannot find for the life of me how to get to those overall modern page properties again. Am I missing something?

One of the properties was showing the page publication date, I can't really remember much of the others.

I've tried viewing/editing the page in IE and Edge, but I'm not seeing the possibility to edit more information again. I'm set to 'First Release' for my account only, but wouldn't expect something to appear one minute and not be available the next. For the life of me I can't recall what I clicked on to see these extra details.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason.

4 Replies

Hi,

There are a few properties in the underlying Page Content Type ("Site Page") that indeed (currently) do not show up in Edit Forms. It could be this wasn't always the case and there could have been a certain period in time in which they did appear (might be because of your First Release setting).

You can see that the columns exist by browsing to the List Settings of the Site Pages library and check the Content Types within that list. The fields however are defined to exist in the _HIDDEN group with ShowInEditForm and ShowInNewForm attributes specified as False. These settings clarify why they currently don't appear (anymore?)

You could still access these properties and their values programatically if you need to...

Hi Paul,

Thanks for spotting my question and responding. I've gone into the library and looked at the content type (Site Pages) and everything seems fine, but I'm just not sure its a page property or not?

I'm not seeing "ShowInEditForm and ShowInNewForm attributes", or I'm just not sure where to look, am I missing something when looking at the content types?

Sorry if I couldn't be more explicit in my post, but I was happily creating pages when *pop* something new appears as I have no clue how I opened up that custom dialog (on the right hand panel of the page) to change the overall page layout.

Thanks anyway.

Jason.

Those properties are not visible in the UI but are stored under the hoods. You can see them if you extract a PnP provisioning template from your site for example...

Thanks Paul - I'm not quite there with PnP at the moment I'm afraid. I'm aware of it however.

More strange behaviours though in editing a page, clicking to publish and somehow duplicated the page to a new page! Bizzare!