Modern List Web Part uses standard (not PowerApps-customized) view form

Steel Contributor

I have a modern team site with a modern list. On that list, I used PowerApps to customize the form. When I'm in the list itself, everything works as expected. That is, when I click New to create a new item, it opens the PowerApps form in "new form" mode. When I double-click an existing item, it opens the PowerApps form in "display" mode. Finally, when I edit it (either by selecting the item, then clicking Edit in the toolbar, or by clicking the "Edit" icon at the top of the form panel), it opens the PA form in "edit" mode. Fantastic.

Now, this list needs to be surfaced on the home page of a site, so I add it using the "List (preview)" web part. From that web part, if I create a new item, the PA form is used. However, if I just double-click an item to open it, the default (read: ugly) display form is used (NOT the PA form). Once it's open, if I click the Edit Item button at the top, the PA form is opened. 

The List web part has almost no options to configure, and I've tried changing the List's properties to "Open forms in dialog" to no effect. Has anyone else run into this and, if so, discovered any kind of workaround (one that does not involve code, please)? 

2 Replies

Hi!

Did you ever manage to find any solutions or workarounds for this? :)

Nope. Considering that List and Library view web parts have been the "bread & butter" of SharePoint pages forever, it's really frustrating that these glitches still exist and that the web parts are still "(Preview)". Sure, there are tons of other cool new web parts for modern pages, but let's be honest, a LOT of people just want to embed a list or library view and have it work right.