SOLVED

Modern Events Categories

Copper Contributor

I have a page where I want to add events that users can see and join. In my company, these events have two categories and I want users to filter only by these two categories (by Category, I mean the option available when adding  new event as you can see in this link). However, SharePoint provides a bunch of default categories (e.g. Gift, Anniversary, Work hours, etc.) that the user can select from and which I do not want (see below).

beshr1993_0-1589373033827.png

Is there any way to remove them and keep only my desired categories? Please note that I found a thread  that seems possibly to address the same problem (see here). However, the suggestions given require changing lists through Page Properties, an option which I don't seem to have in the first place (see below)!

beshr1993_1-1589373282893.png

Please help :folded_hands:

Thanks

Beshr

7 Replies
best response confirmed by beshr1993 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Events are stored in a calendar list so go to the calendar list and just edit the category column to remove unnecessary values

@Juan Carlos González Martín Hi, how do I navigate to a calendar list?

You can find it under Site content of the site under the name Events
Thanks!

@NicolasKheirallah I am sorry, I am not able to see a way to Edit the Event Categories. The list gives me a category called "Anniversary" how do I delete this? 

I do not see it either. If I change the view and add the "Category" column, I can filter by what's there and change the sort order. If I select an item when in list view, I can "Specify your own value," but that doesn't help my clients when they're creating new events themselves. I'm still investigating though!
Found it! The link that beshr1993 shared has perfect instructions from Jenny Bruce. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sharepoint/how-can-categories-in-sharepoint-modern-site-be-ma...
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by beshr1993 (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Events are stored in a calendar list so go to the calendar list and just edit the category column to remove unnecessary values

View solution in original post