Modern Document Library Web Part - Potential bug - Duplicate file handling broken

Iron Contributor

Hi,

Another potential bug found on the modern document library web part.  When uploading (or drag 'n drop) a file that has the same name as an existing file you get the following error:

"Cannot read property 'isCanceled" or undefined"

Webparterror.jpgIf you open the document library the file upload behaviour is as expected i.e. prompts you to overwrite existing file and then upload completes successfully.

Cheers

Rob

10 Replies

Thanks.  The fix will be rolling out soon.

Thanks for the update @Lincoln DeMaris is there a ETA when the fix will roll out?

We have encountered a new problem. Uploading a file in the Document Library web part that has the exact same name does not prompt you to replace the existing file and nothing is happening, but it is working when you upload the file directly on the Document Library App. Please advise.

@Nocton182yes, spotted this issue yesterday.  Maybe reach out to one of the MS guys on this thread?

@Rob Clarke @Lincoln DeMaris 

Rob or Lincoln did this ever get fixed?  It seemed like this bug was fixed but now all of a sudden it's not working again.  In fact in a modern doc lib web part when I drag and drop or upload a file of the same name nothing happens at all - it doesn't even throw and error it just does nothing.  I'm concerned we have users who think they have uploaded their most recent document but in fact they haven't which result in churn while people deal with this!

@Ted Fitch as you say the original one was fixed but we appear to have a new bug feature on the scene.  Are you guys on the targeted or standard release cycle?

@Rob Clarke  thanks for confirming the new "feature" :)

I think we are on standard release - maybe worth switching to targeted

@Ted Fitchah, we are on targeted so I was kinda hoping the "feature" wasn't in the standard release cycle, which it sounds like it is.  With a bit of luck the MS guys on this thread might respond...