SOLVED

Mobile Navigation for Team site

Brass Contributor

I have a team site and a comm site in my hub. When I access the comm site I don't see items in the navigation for Lists, conversations, news...etc but I do see these when I access the Team Site from the Sharepoint mobile app. Is this behavior expected?

9 Replies
They are there, but you have to hit the hamburger icon in top left Then click the drop down on Home or whatever your Hub is called. most people utilize global nav via hub on comm sites, so I'm assuming this is what's happening with yours too. If you used the regular menu it would just show in the hamburger.

@Chris Webb 

Thanks...I see the global hub nav and the name of the comm site then underneath is the nav for the comm site. There is no section that contains the lists, news, conversations etc.

Comm sites don't come with those menu item's. You have to add them along the top yourself. Conversations, OneNote, and a few others are added to Team sites by default because they are connected to an Office 365 group so they are added to the quick launch bar by default. Comm sites are basically a Shell. Default should have, pages, site contents and documents, but that's about it. Unless someone removed them from the Comm sites top (quick launch) bar.

@Chris Webb That makes sense. Any way to hide those on the Mobile view for the Team Site?

Yeah go into the Team site and edit the left quick launch and delete the links.

@Chris Webb I don't have those links available on the left quick launch and have verified they are not on the navigation settings page.

best response confirmed by Chris_Mancini (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Yeah your right, all the group connected sites have those in static and can't be removed. All my sites are comm sites that I use on the mobile app that's why I never noticed those.

@Chris Webb thanks...i'd probably use comm sites for everything too if there was link audiencing in them.

? Comm sites should be able to do everything a Team site can. You just have to enable some of the site collection features.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Chris_Mancini (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Yeah your right, all the group connected sites have those in static and can't be removed. All my sites are comm sites that I use on the mobile app that's why I never noticed those.

View solution in original post