mobile app for company intranet

Copper Contributor

Hello,

We are building new company intranet portal in SPO and I have some questions and concerns about possibilities for accessing the portal from mobile. 

Ideally we are looking for an app pre-configured to load company intranet portal and also to send notifications whenever important news are published. Then this app will be pushed to the company managed mobile devices and in this way every employee will have access to the company intranet portal and whenever important news is published he/she will be notified.

If I understand correctly Microsoft is offering SharePoint app and Teams app, but neither were matching the need. In SharePoint app I see News, Find, and Me. Is it possible that only news from specific  site (in this case company intranet portal) are coming? or at least that these always come on top? And in Teams app probably it would be possible to add Home site button: The home site app for Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Tech Community, which will hopefully be displayed on mobile as well. But in this case "push of the important news" functionality will missing. 

What is the best way to address this with out of the box tools?

Any other suggestions for company intranet portal on mobile device?

Thanks in advance!

0 Replies