SOLVED

Missing the "Configure layout" option for lists

Copper Contributor

Hello!

I am missing the "Configure layout" option when trying to style a SharePoint list. I've never had this option to begin with and am not sure where to enable it.

list-form-configuration-menu[1].png

Any assistance is appreciated!

4 Replies
best response confirmed by dlprentice (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@dlprentice 

Currently this feature is in development. You can find the roadmap at: SharePoint lists and libraries: configure header, footer and body of a form 

Also, I noticed it is being rolled out to some of the Microsoft 365 tenants, possibly targeted release tenants.

So, you have to wait until it gets rolled out to your tenant.

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

I had this option yesterday and now I can seem to find it. What am I doing wrong.

@staholly 

What permissions you have on SharePoint list?

Try with Full Control/Edit permissions on list.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@dlprentice 

Seen this issue as well; the "configure layout" option sometimes doesn't show up when you edit an item; but it shows up when you create a new list item.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by dlprentice (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@dlprentice 

Currently this feature is in development. You can find the roadmap at: SharePoint lists and libraries: configure header, footer and body of a form 

Also, I noticed it is being rolled out to some of the Microsoft 365 tenants, possibly targeted release tenants.

So, you have to wait until it gets rolled out to your tenant.

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post