SOLVED

Migrated Site Home Page not showing App Bar

New Contributor

I enabled the App Bar for my tenant and have noticed that a couple sites that had been migrated from on-prem are not displaying the app bar on the home page only. If I go to a document library page, the app bar does appear. I've attempted to create a new home page in the site, but the app bar still doesn't display. Any ideas or suggestions for things to try?

 

Thanks!

Carol

6 Replies
Interesting issue...migth I ask what kind of site template is being used for the migrated site?

@Juan Carlos González Martín The site is using a modern Team site template in SharePoint online. Near as I can tell, the site when it resided on-premises was a team site template as well.

@CarolS66 Is it showing App bar for newly created modern site pages before making it a home page? or it does not show the app bar on all pages (site page, news, events page)?


Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap I created a new web part page and the app bar does not display before or after I select to make it a homepage. I have found that if I go anywhere else in the site (i.e. site contents, document libraries, etc.) the app bar does display.  

best response confirmed by CarolS66 (New Contributor)
Solution

@CarolS66 Web Part Page is a classic experience page template. So, app bar is not shown for classic page.

Try creating a new page using modern Site Page template: 

ganeshsanap_0-1642591908330.png


Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thanks! I assumed that since I had selected a modern template, that it was a modern web part page option. Creating the page as a Site Page, resolved the issue!