Migrated OneNote files from on-premises 2013 to sharepoint online works differently

Steel Contributor

We have a sharepoint 2013 on-premises site collection, and inside the document libraries we have OneNote files. now i migrated the content of the on-premises site collection to a sharepoint online site collection. where everything have been migrated correctly. but i faced issues with the OneNote files.

I faced this case, for example i got this case:-

1. Inside the on-premises document library i have a OneNote folder named "Health OneNote Pages", as follow:-

1one.png

2. and when i click on it i will get a list of OneNote files (Multiple .One + a single "Open NoteBook.Onetoc2") + a folder named "OneNote_RecycleBin", follow-

2two.png

3. On the migrated online document library, I got the OneNote folder added correctly, which is great as follow:-

pppppppppqwe.png

But when I select the migrated OneNote folder and i chose to open it inside OneNote online, I have noted that the “OneNote_RecylcleBin” folder is missing + the “Open Notebook.onetoc2” file is missing. so is this normal?

1 Reply
Hello,
Did you find any solution to migrate your on premise OneNote to SharePoint Online ?