Migrate SharePoint Lists to Tenant

Copper Contributor

Hi guys,

I would like to move a list from tenant1 to tenant2.  Any idea on how to do this?

I want to take my existing list(s) including column settings (choice columns, number columns, etc.) from one tenant eg. tenant1sharepoint.com/sites  to tenant2sharepoint.com/sites

5 Replies

@ClaudeViret1300 Use PnP Provisioning for list migration from one tenant to another.

For more information, check:

1. PnP Provisioning Template: Migrate SharePoint List and data across sites 
  2. Introducing the PnP provisioning engine 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@NicolasKheirallah @ClaudeViret1300 

Column settings like JSON formatting, Min-Max or Default values etc. will not be copied to destination list if you use export to excel and import for migrating list from one tenant to another tenant.

Better, use PnP Provisioning method explained in my response above OR if you want this list in multiple tenants, check if you can create & use Custom list templates in SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

If OP has those then yes I 100% agree with you, PNP Provisoning is the way to go :)
Question is then if the person in question has PowerShell Experience, The right accesses and permissions to do this etc. If not then importing an excel and importing it (and doing those small modification) might be easier