SOLVED

Migrate SharePoint 2013 Pages to SharePoint Online

Brass Contributor

I am attempting to migrate SharePoint 2013 pages to SharePoint Online and include all content and web parts on those pages. I haven't been able to complete this with a copy using File Explorer, using SharePoint Designer, or using the SharePoint Migration tool.

Is there something I'm missing on moving web part pages from SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint Online? Is it even possible or am I going to have to create pages manually.

7 Replies
best response confirmed by dmowry (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Well, check latest update of the SPO Migration Tool: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/wbaer/2019/02/08/microsoft-365-migration-on-your-terms-with-new-... You should be able to migrate pages and WebParts on those pages. As an alternative, take a look at PnP to extract those page definitions and provision to SPO

Of course after I post the question there is a updated version. Thank you.

What Carlos has said is in fact what I was hoping for...however... I am getting the same error I was getting before. 

Cannot fetch SharePoint on-premise list 'Pages' schema or list is skipped (ErrorCode: 0x02010023)

On the Pages library, I have added some custom content types to the list. Would this cause a schema issues? 

Don't bother with the latest Public Preview version (V3.0.104.3), it doesn't support list template ID 850, which is the Pages library. I've opened a ticket with Microsoft hopefully something will come of that.

@dmowryWhere is that ticket? I am running into this as well

@dmowry Microsoft has released SharePoint Migration Tool. Currently, this migration tool supports only a single scenario – SharePoint 2013 (and on-premises file shares) to SharePoint Online. CodeTwo Backup for Office 365 is a backup and archive tool which can be used to migrate SharePoint data.

The migration tool shows all lists and libraries apart from the Pages library so doesn't seem to be an option at the moment when it comes to migrating sharepoint pages
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by dmowry (Brass Contributor)
Solution
Well, check latest update of the SPO Migration Tool: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/wbaer/2019/02/08/microsoft-365-migration-on-your-terms-with-new-... You should be able to migrate pages and WebParts on those pages. As an alternative, take a look at PnP to extract those page definitions and provision to SPO

View solution in original post