Migrate Farm with CTH to SharePoint Online

Brass Contributor

Hi, I need to Migrate a farm with a Content-Type Syndication Hub to SharePoint online. 
Not finding much on what my approach should be. We will still probably buy ShareGate or AvePoint for this migration.

Is it is simple as Migrating the Managed Metadata, Migrate the CTSH site Collection, activate the Content types? 
Have not worked on CTSH in a few years but there was a place where you had to point Site Collections to the CTH so guess I might need to establish that connection again?

How would you do it?

Thanks In Advance. (:

2 Replies
Interesting scenario...I guess you need such migration because you want to "migrate" Content Type and Site Columns created in the Content Type Hub, correct?

@Juan Carlos González Martín Yes, the client that is on SP2016 needs to migrate to O365. 

I did not create the CTH and still investigating but yes, I would think that the content types were created in the CTH.
They only have one Web Application...As far as I remember the CTH is to share content types across different Web Applications so not sure why they needed it...(But can be wrong might need it to Share Over different Site Collections.) 

Update: Yes, had a look, there is quite a few Content Types that gets published from the CTH.