Microsoft SharePoint Certifications

Copper Contributor

Please let me know if I am wrong but did Microsoft discontinue all SharePoint related certifications?  If so, why?  Is it due to PowerApps?

Thank you

6 Replies
I see that training has now also been 'retired'

@Phil_Robles As your question is labeled with SharePoint server - All SharePoint server related certifications/exams are retired now. 

For example: Exam 77-419: Microsoft SharePoint 2013 

Currently, there is a Exam MS-600: Building Applications and Solutions with Microsoft 365 Core Services which is related to Microsoft 365 services (Teams, Graph, Identity, SharePoint Framework) and not just SharePoint.

This exam is required for certification: Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Application Developer Associate 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@Chris Webb 

Yes things have moved to Teams/Teamwork. However, there is a plethora of detailed knowledge related to SharePoint that isn't being tested or certified at all. It sucks to have all of this SharePoint specific knowledge yet not be able to gain a certification...oh well. :)

@Phil_Robles I know you 

I agree, having detailed knowledge in SharePoint should be accredited.