MIcrosoft Lists

Copper Contributor

I need to get some columns from a lookup list to fill collumns on my main list.

Some of those values are also lookup fields (to help fill them with another lists).

I know from Sharepoint we cannot use a lookup column value to fill in my value...But I wonder to duplicate the VALUE of the lookup column on another text type column and use that.

The question then is what is the simple way to automatically fill a column on a list with the value entered (with a lookup) into another column. In brief I'd like when I enter a value on a column to be duplicated into another column, like an autofill.

Thanks

1 Reply

@Gfran999 You can customize list forms using Power Apps and use custom logic to auto populate columns based on selections in other fields - this will auto populate and update column values immediately.

Another option is to run the Power automate flow on item creation/update to auto populate columns based on other column values - there will be some delay in seeing the auto populated/updated values till flow run completes.  

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs