SOLVED

Microsoft Lists

Iron Contributor

We have a list in SPO that, if I recall correctly, was built off a list or task list web part. It has customized columns and a couple of lookups. I think it is not a modern list, because it has "browse, task, and list" tabs at the top. How would this list benefit from being converted into a Microsoft Lists type of list, and how would we accomplish that? 

4 Replies
best response confirmed by Joseph Nierenberg (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Joseph Nierenberg ,

Currently you cannot do that as it hasn't started to roll out. I am not sure anyone has seen the functionality in their tenant yet so its a bit of unknown but from the release blog posts it looks like a modern list will just be given the Lists functionality that is rolling out at some point, whether this is by default or by way of a toggle we will have to wait and see. 

Currently you can switch to the modern list experience in the list settings, I would not expect the classic lists to get any of the functionality of lists and will just remain as they are unless you switch to modern. 

Some of the MVP's maybe able to provide a bit more clarity. 

Andy Hodges | ThinkShare | www.thinkshare.uk

The template list for inventory control contains a new filed picture of the item, however by opening new or edit list there is no possibility to add item picture?  Any comments about the problem?

I thought that MS tried to solve old fashion picture field (by entering the full URL address of the picture in some SP library)? 

@George Imnaishvili 

@George Imnaishvili wrote:

The template list for inventory control contains a new filed picture of the item, however by opening new or edit list there is no possibility to add item picture?  Any comments about the problem?

The new type is still rolling out, the same for hyperlink and date/time field. 

Thanks, hope it will be a normal way to upload pictures directly to the list without going around and typing /pasting URL to the fields manually.
Same with the attachments, if I want to make a separate field for each document to be attached. :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Joseph Nierenberg (Iron Contributor)
Solution

Hi @Joseph Nierenberg ,

Currently you cannot do that as it hasn't started to roll out. I am not sure anyone has seen the functionality in their tenant yet so its a bit of unknown but from the release blog posts it looks like a modern list will just be given the Lists functionality that is rolling out at some point, whether this is by default or by way of a toggle we will have to wait and see. 

Currently you can switch to the modern list experience in the list settings, I would not expect the classic lists to get any of the functionality of lists and will just remain as they are unless you switch to modern. 

Some of the MVP's maybe able to provide a bit more clarity. 

Andy Hodges | ThinkShare | www.thinkshare.uk

View solution in original post