SOLVED

Microsoft Lists - Calendar View

Iron Contributor

Hi There, 

I am not sure how many people have been playing with Microsoft Lists, but I have been waiting along time for this functionality. I am wondering if anyone else is having problems creating a calendar view. 

I viewed this video created by Microsoft (https://youtu.be/plshQSoe_OY?t=666) and when go to 11:06 it shows the ability to create a calendar view, but when I am on my tenant there is no such capability. 

Is this something that has been held back?

Thanks

27 Replies

ditto @AlexH980 - all items in my Calendar View retain the initial list theme colour... a sea of magenta on my Lists ;-(

@Mike Dumka 

Microsoft is currently rolling out the calendar view feature for modern SharePoint Online and Microsoft lists, Roadmap.

Using this you can create a modern calendar view in your SharePoint lists and you can add these calendar views to modern pages. Check below links for more information:

1. Create a modern Calendar view in SharePoint Online/Microsoft Lists
  2. Add Modern Calendar to a SharePoint Online page  

Please click Mark as Best Response if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Is there anything new about possibilities to colorcode and filter calendar views? These are great, but they are so limited, it's very frustrating :)

@C_BorisIv 

There is no news/announcement about color coding & filtering in modern calendar views yet. Only one new announcement is that they are adding support for calendar view in Lists web part using which you can add the calendar views on modern pages in site.

For now you have to achieve this using the workaround given in below article:

Add Modern Calendar to a SharePoint Online page 

Please Like if you found my post helpful.

@ganeshsanapI found this great article, showing how by going back to classic layout view, you can include color codes.

This is really useful. But it doesn't not seem to work if your list is hosted on Teams or on the Teams app, it has to be on a classic sharepoint site.

https://crm.webfletch.co.uk/posts/filter-sharepoint-calendar-view

@C_BorisIv 

Yes, that is the classic experience calendar. It will not work directly in Microsoft Teams.

As a workaround you can add the classic calendar in Teams as a Website tab. This not the best way and has some downside like whole page/site will be shown as a website in tab. But it works if you want to show classic calendars in Microsoft Teams.

Please Like if you found my post helpful.

Come on Microsoft, you already know what we need: Calendar filters and colour-coding. Don't make us go to airtable.
I cannot see all of the items in the Calendar view that I have created in Microsoft Lists and transfered into Microsoft SharePoint. It keeps saying 1 more with a hyperlink. That is not going to work for my boss. She wants to see everything in the calendar.