SOLVED

Microsoft List - Image column shows broken images in List view

Copper Contributor

I have set up a list and when I share it with my colleague she is not able to see the images (It shows up as broken). But when she switches to Gallery view, she is able to see the images. How do I fix this?

4 Replies

@adarsh2908 All users are facing this issue or only one user? Make sure other users has access to the library where images are stored.

Also, ask her to clear browser cache and cookies once and then sign-in again.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Hi @ganeshsanap 

The images are stored within the list. Whenever an item is added an image is added with it. 
Yes, I have tried sharing it with another person and the result is the same. They can view images in gallery mode. But in the list view, it's a broken picture.

best response confirmed by adarsh2908 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@adarsh2908 When you add images in "Image" column in SharePoint / Microsoft lists, it stores images in document library & uses it's URL in image column to show the images.

Check: SharePoint Online: All you need to know about New Image column type 

So, maybe the image URLs are not resolving properly in tabular view for users. 

Right click on broken images and select "Inspect" to check the URL of image in developer tools.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap That solved the issue. I just found out the location of the folder where the images are and gave access to the people whom I shared the list with. Thanks :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by adarsh2908 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@adarsh2908 When you add images in "Image" column in SharePoint / Microsoft lists, it stores images in document library & uses it's URL in image column to show the images.

Check: SharePoint Online: All you need to know about New Image column type 

So, maybe the image URLs are not resolving properly in tabular view for users. 

Right click on broken images and select "Inspect" to check the URL of image in developer tools.

View solution in original post