SOLVED

Microsoft List Alert Email - Item Points to 404

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have an alert set-up on one of the columns in my list. This will send an email when the value is changed. 

The alert email has a "Go to item" button that's supposed to take you to the item that was changed, but it's hitting 404. Currently I'm testing this by alerting myself and I own the list. So, it shouldn't have any access related issues. 

Any help is appreciated. 

6 Replies

@Anvesh_Raj Are you using Rules in SharePoint lists for alerts or "Alert me" feature?

1. Can you show us the URL generated for "Go to item" button?
  2. Make sure list item is not deleted before clicking on "Go to item" button

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap 

1. I am using 'Rules' to generate this notification.

2. [Company Sharepoint]/sites/[My Channel Name]/_layo%20uts/15/listform.aspx?PageType=4&ListId=[List ID]&ContentTypeId=0x0100AC2609F73B2B8547A80842AAC5C6952E&env=WebViewList

3. The item is not deleted. 

best response confirmed by Anvesh_Raj (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Anvesh_Raj Ideally, it should not have the space (%20) between _layo%20uts

Try removing it & hit the same URL in browser and check if it is working.

If it works and URL is generated with space from email notification, it must be a bug from Microsoft side. In that case, raise support ticket with Microsoft directly: Get M365 Support - Online Support 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

That worked! Thank you. I will raise a ticket with Microsoft.

@Anvesh_Raj I just tried creating a simple Rule in SharePoint list - when an item is created and it is generating correct URL to SharePoint list item on our SharePoint tenant.

Please consider giving Like if my post helped you in any way.

That's strange. I'll try recreating the rule. Not sure If I can do much more. Thanks for all the help! Appreciate it.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Anvesh_Raj (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Anvesh_Raj Ideally, it should not have the space (%20) between _layo%20uts

Try removing it & hit the same URL in browser and check if it is working.

If it works and URL is generated with space from email notification, it must be a bug from Microsoft side. In that case, raise support ticket with Microsoft directly: Get M365 Support - Online Support 

View solution in original post