Merging SharePoint Lists

Copper Contributor

I am trying to merge 2 SharePoint lists together. May I please ask for an idea to combine?

10 Replies
Hello,

In what way are you trying to merge them together ? Is it only the objects? What data would you like to transfer from one list, to the other?

@ArefHalmstrand I have 2 SharePoint lists running parallelly, both have multiple columns with common ID and few other columns. I am trying to create a view based on columns and group them based on the ID in the new view that I am trying to create. Do you think it's possible even using power automate? 

@2BTV1630 You can't have a view that combines 2 lists so you would need to create another list and using a flow in Power Automate populate that new list with the relevant data from the 2 columns using get items actions and probably filter queries depending on what items you want to bring back from each list.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Microsoft Power Automate Community Super User.
Principal Consultant, SharePoint and Power Platform WSP Global (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

I would almost recommend looking into Power BI or SPFx to create a sustainable solution for combining data relations and group them by column.
Thank you. Create a new list is a really good solution for me. Is there any guide for me to create flow to create new list?

@2BTV1630 

What columns do you want to bring from the two different lists?

@ArefHalmstrand Thanks again for your great support. I would like to have something like below. Flow to create new list combining both list based in Unique ID. See the capture

2BTV1630_0-1715678094221.png

Anytime! 🙂

Just for my understanding, why does the data need to be stored in two separate lists from the beginning? What is the reason that you do not have a list with all the columns, but with three different views? Allowing users to only see alternative A, B or both?

@ArefHalmstrand They are for separate functions and has separate columns other than those IDs. One is main and others are subs. The main thing is I need to have grouped based on unique IDs as it will be easier for uses to identify the number of subs associated with the man.

Ok! I will see what is quickest to do, either we book a MS Teams meeting and I show you how to set up the Power Automate solution. Or, I create a video and share it with you when it is done.