Managed properties generated from taxonomy columns not containing all terms

Copper Contributor

Hello everyone,

for a few weeks I have this problem at a clients' tenant which I cannot quite get solved. I have some custom Page Content Types in a modern communication site and added a few site columns which contain taxonomy terms. 

It took a while to get all of these columns mapped with RefinableString properties, but after a few days it seemd to be working out fine. 

Now changes within the pages (like adding additional terms) don't reflect within search. Only the terms that already were indexed still remain, but new ones aren't added. Sometimes no terms get added and sometimes 3 out of 7 terms from the column get added to the index. I verified this using the search query tool and see only some (or sometimes none) of the terms getting added to the managed property randomly. The corresponding pages have been re-published several times.

I tried mapping some new RefinableStrings, tried Reindexing the site and the library and waiting 24 - 48 hours, but still no luck. 

Also owsmetadataalltagsinfo is often not showing any terms, even if other managed properties contain them. Is there a limit for mapped taxonomy terms??

As the environment is heavily based on taxonomy and highlighted content webparts for creating dynamic pages within SharePoint Online this is a huge problem for us. 

Does anyone have the same problem oder any clue? 

Thank you~

1 Reply

@spicht- I see a related problem with the automatically managed 'owstaxIdXXX'. I can search using it, but it's not retrievable. I can't check at the moment if it's updated correctly (or quickly).

I saw in the managed properties that it's not 'Retrievable' & I'm wondering why is that. I see this in a site of an MS team I'm owning where I can add mappings but not change the properties.