M-Files to Sharepoint Online file migration

Copper Contributor

Does anybody have any insights how to to migrate files from M-Files file management system to SharePoint? Especially any 3rd party tools that could automate the file transferring in the same way as Sharegate or such. I have tried to search information from multiple migration software vendors but with no luck. 

7 Replies

Hi Rauli, we are looking for the same thing, did you have any luck with finding a suitable migration tool? The only one that came back in a search for me were Ensentia, who I don't know anything about.@Rauli Saarikangas 

Hi, @LisaS27 

Did you proceed? Any feedback how was Ensentia?

Jouni

@Rauli Saarikangas 

Hello any news about the migration??

any news about the migration?
Sorry no news about this. We really didn't even proceed to the migration in this case. The Ensentia that Lisa mentioned above seems to be the only tool or service to do the migration.

Hi @Rauli Saarikangas 

We ended up using a tool called M-Files Exporter is a relatively new product but the support was great and any questions I had around limitations etc were answered promptly.  Is reasonably priced also.  We used this tool to export the files out of M-Files to a shared drive then used the SharePoint migration tool to import them.  While the tool has limitations (doesn't export versions) it helped us get them out.  If you have any questions around the tool please email martin@m-files-exporter.com

Hi @gogos125hotmailcom 

We ended up using a tool called M-Files Exporter is a relatively new product but the support was great and any questions I had around limitations etc were answered promptly.  Is reasonably priced also.  We used this tool to export the files out of M-Files to a shared drive then used the SharePoint migration tool to import them.  While the tool has limitations (doesn't export versions) it helped us get them out.  If you have any questions around the tool please email martin@m-files-exporter.com