SOLVED

Lookup Value

Copper Contributor

Hello Community,

I have a target share point list with two columns

Project Name, Foreign Number

Project Name is a lookup column, 

My source list has multiple columns and it has above both columns also.

I want the project name from the source  in my target list according to foreign number in my target list.

is it possible? if so please help me.

3 Replies

@taimoorahmed Can you explain your requirements in detail?

From lookup settings, you can show additional fields if you want to show Foreign Number based on selection of Project Name like: 

ganeshsanap_0-1664524054526.png

If you are trying to restrict lookup column values shown in the SharePoint list form based on conditions, you need to customize the list form using power apps and change the "items" property of lookup dropdown/combobox control as per your conditions.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

hello @ganeshsanap,
so project name and foreign number columns are present in both SP lists.
foreign number has the exact entries in both SP lists. Now in my target list I want the project name to show the records according to the foreign number entries, is there any way to do it? and without power apps.
best response confirmed by taimoorahmed (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@taimoorahmed If you want to update values in project name for all items, you can create a power automate flow which will read all items from both lists and match them based on common column to update the list items in child (second) list where lookup column is added.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by taimoorahmed (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@taimoorahmed If you want to update values in project name for all items, you can create a power automate flow which will read all items from both lists and match them based on common column to update the list items in child (second) list where lookup column is added.

View solution in original post