List with multiple views that require users to switch between classic and modern

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I have an issue with one of our lists.  The list has multiple views.  Most of the views required modern as we have heavily customized the format with JSON.  Two of the views offer Calendar views of the data.  Unfortunately, when our users choose those Calendar views, SharePoint is showing as a "list" in modern, rather then switching to classic, and displaying the calendar.

It forces the users to click "Return to Classic view" on those two views to actually see the Calendar.

Is there any way for the VIEWS themselves to switch automatically?  (I know I can force the list to display one over the other, but we need both. )

If not, might I suggest this be added to views in the future?  (I.E. A selection to choose which experience the view is rendered in.)

Thanks

Deb

1 Reply
Unfortunately I don't think there is a way to force that views swithcing...in regards of your suggestion, best you can do here is to go to the SharePoint user voice site and post that idea in case there is no there so others can vote for it...the more votes it gets, the more chances to be considered by the SharePoint Team to add to the backlog