List View rights

Copper Contributor

Hi All

I want to create a list where you can see only those items which is created by him/her and have access rights. Please suggest, how I can do.

Kind Regards

Ashwani

9 Replies

Hello @Project_leader,

Go to List Settings > Advanced Settings > Item-level Permissions and set:

• Read accessRead items that were created by the user
  • Create and Edit accessCreate items and edit items that were created by the user

clipboard_image_0.png

I hope this helps.

Norm

Hi @Norman Young 

Thanks for your response. With this setting, user can view those list items which has been created by his/her... But not able to see those records which are created by someone else but he/she has also rights to view the items

Kind Regards

Ashwani

Yes, that is correct.

@Norman Young 

I want to give 2 rights to user

• He can view the item which is created by him
  • He can view the item which is created by other but he has rights to view the item

Sorry I'm not following: "He can view the item which is created by other but he has rights to view the item".

You either see everything or only what you create. There is no middle ground with out-of-the-box SharePoint lists. Anything else requires custom development.

I hope this helps.

Norm

@Norman Young 

Thanks for your response. I am ready for custom development. Can you please suggest, How I can do it.

Or, can share some useful links.

Kind Regards

Ashwani

@Project_leader 

Just change the first box so the user has the ability to READ all items but can only EDIT items that they themselves created. No custom development required.

clipboard_image_0.png

Hi @Rachel Davis,

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't know that was an option.

@Project_leader sorry for leading you astray.