List view does not load json formating

Copper Contributor

Greetings,

I've created a list containing peoples holiday schedule. I wanted to show this in a calendar so I created a View for the list. Then base on a column of type Choise I want to colour the events in the calendar.

Here if is the list:

MilanNikolic_0-1657531476944.png

Here is the desired calendar view:

MilanNikolic_1-1657531535735.png

I formatted this with JSON as fallows:

{
"$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/json-schemas/sp/v2/calendar-formatting.schema.json",
"additionalEventClass": {
"operator": ":",
"operands": [{
"operator": "==",
"operands": [
"[$Status]",
"Waiting Approval"
]
},
"=if(@isSelected == true, 'sp-css-color-WhiteFont sp-css-backgroundColor-BgDarkRed' , 'sp-css-backgroundColor-BgCoral sp-css-color-CoralFont')+' sp-field-fontSizeSmall'",
"=if(@isSelected == true, 'sp-css-color-WhiteFont sp-css-backgroundColor-BgGreen' , 'sp-css-backgroundColor-BgMint sp-css-color-LightMintFont')+' sp-field-fontSizeSmall'"
]
}
}
My problem is that when I first open the list in this view (as default) the formatting is not displayed. And after I switch between views the formatting starts working.

How can I fix this, is there something wrong with my JSON code?

Thanks in advance. 
5 Replies

@MilanNikolic I have the same here! When I go directly to the url of the desired view, then the json code doesn't work completely, it seems. If I first go to the default view and then via the menu to the desired view, everything is visible. However, when I click refresh, part of the formatting disappears again. Any ideas yet?

@MilanNikolic Solved my problem: 

In "Edit current view" of the relevant view, not all necessary columns were selected. I can imagine that when calling the view directly, this did not load all the underlying data.

@JohanBokhorst This is a known behavior of JSON formatting in SharePoint.

If you are referencing any list column in JSON (for example: [$Status]), you have to include/show this column (Status) in list view else JSON formatting will not work as expected.

Where Status is the internal name of your list column. You can get the internal name of your SharePoint list columns by following this article: How to find the Internal name of columns in SharePoint Online? 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap so if the Calendar view only allows display of Title, Start and End dates and not something like Status then does the calendar formatting options not work at all, unless you did the colours on the Title field?

@Crewfinder If you are trying to show/include Status column in the calendar list view so that they will be available for custom JSON formatting, you can include those columns from list view settings.

Follow my answer given at: Conditional Formatting in Calendar View is not showing a Column  

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.