List validation formula for multiple conditions

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how can I write the formula if I have multiple status drop downs that need to have different columns. For instance:

Status "Under Review" needs to display the field "Request Initiated Close Date" and if
status "Case Opened" need to display the field "Under Review Close Date" and if
status "Resolution in Progress" need to display the field "Case Opened Close Date"

I currently have:
=IF(OR([Status] = "Under Review", [Status] = "Waiting for Customer"), IF(ISBLANK([Request Initiated Close Date])OR([Status] = "Case Opened", IF(ISBLANK([Under Review Close Date])OR([Status] = "Resolution in Progress", IF(ISBLANK([Case Opened Close Date]) false, true), true)))

I've been trying for hours to get this to work but haven't had any luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies

Are you doing this in a calculated field or putting the code in a conditional formula for each columns?

Better to set conditional formula for each field.

For example:
In column "Request Initiated Close Date" edit the conditional formula for this field only put
=IF([Status]=='Under Review','true','false')

Do this for each column based on the required values for Status field.

@zeusPH,

I should have been more clear in my post. I'm doing it at the list validation settings because I need "Request Initiated Close Date", "Under Review Close Date", and "Case Opened Close Date" to be required fields when the user selects certain statuses. From my understanding the only way to do this is in the list validation settings.

@CSimms  and @zeusPH  has anyone figured out a solution to this use case? I'm interested in the same problem. I.e.

I want a validation rule to check that if [Report_A Submission Rule] = "Not applicable" then [Report_A Deadline Date] must have a date. This would apply to multiple columns. E.g below

• Column 1) [Report_A Deadline Date] is a DateTime field.
  • Column 2) [Report_A Submission Rule] is a choice field.
  • Column 3) [Report_B Deadline Date] is a DateTime field.
  • Column 4) [Report_B Submission Rule] is a choice field
  • Column 5) [Report_C Deadline Date] is a DateTime field.
  • Column 6) [Report_C Submission Rule] is a choice field.

>>>Choice field dropdown: "Options  - no deadline", "Set deadline", "TBC".

The error message to display would be:  "Required milestone, please provide a date!".