SOLVED

List of choice for one column based on another column

Copper Contributor

Let's say I have two columns like the following where COLUMN B is a choice field:

COLUMN ACOLUMN B
FruitsApple
FruitsBanana
FruitsBerries
FruitsCantaloupe
VegetablesBroccoli
VegetablesCauliflower
VegetablesCucumber
VegetablesZucchini
VegetableBeet
GrainsBarley
GrainsRice
GrainsMillet
GrainsCorn

I want COLUMN B to show a list to choose from based on the value in COLUMN A, only Fruits or Vegetables or Grains but not all. How can I do this? I have no programming experience. I would prefer a solution (if any) without any coding.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Mahmud335 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Mahmud335 You can use Power Apps to customize the list/library forms and perform cascading on choice column in SharePoint list. Check below reference for more information:

1. Cascading Dropdowns in Power Apps from SharePoint list 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thank you Ganesh, it was really helpful
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Mahmud335 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@Mahmud335 You can use Power Apps to customize the list/library forms and perform cascading on choice column in SharePoint list. Check below reference for more information:

1. Cascading Dropdowns in Power Apps from SharePoint list 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

View solution in original post