List item could not be saved - SharePoint Mobile App using Android Phone

Copper Contributor

I created a basic List in SharePoint. Using the SharePoint Mobile App on an Android device, when I try to add a list item and save it, I get the error message "List item could not be saved". This happens on any SharePoint list when using an Android phone using the SharePoint Mobile App. It saves/works when using the SharePoint Mobile App on an iPhone (iOS). Android users get the error every time.

3 Replies
No answers here but I get the exact same problem. I get this error in teams mobile on android.

Really puzzled as I can't see why it won't work
I have the same challenge!
If I create a list in Teams it works find. If I access that list from Office.com/Lists it doesn't work.

I am encountering the same error. Using the SharePoint app on a current Android build, adding a new item to a simple list generally produces a "something went wrong" error. Using the SharePoint app on a current iOS device, adding the list item works flawlessly.

Any other insight? I saw some other posts from last year with similar experiences. Feels like there's something with the SharePoint Android app.