SOLVED

list information

Copper Contributor

I have a Sharepoint list... I make a second list.... I want to use some of the columns from the first list in the 2nd and I want all the data from those columns to appear in both lists that use the same columns. I see how to make a 2nd list with the columns from the first but it doesn't seem to bring over the information in the columns, just the column header and attributes.

3 Replies

@mlefler75that is the default behaviour in the modern SharePoint experience and in Microsoft Lists. You can only create the structure of a new list from an existing list, not add the content as well. The content can be added quite easily with a flow in Power Automate although if you have thousands of items in your list it won't always be quick.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

One more question for you. I figured out how to do what you said, thank you. If I modify the data of a column in list 1, can I use work flow to send that data change to the other list? I saw the "change if list is modified"(properties only)... so That doesn't seem to send content changes, is there a way to send content changes?
best response confirmed by mlefler75 (Copper Contributor)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by mlefler75 (Copper Contributor)