SOLVED

List in SharePoint is changing field by itself to blank

Copper Contributor

I have a simple list in SharePoint with few different types of columns. When I double click on the item, it opens on the right with more information about it.

When I click on a value in the "Title" field or in the "number" field and enter a new value, the value in the "test option choose" column/field also changes to blank by itself and is automatically saved. That "test option choose"column is set to be a choice column and it has a default value set so I don't know why it changing by itself to blank. 

SharePoint.JPG

I don't know how it happening and why, but I would like to stop it. Can you help me, please?

Thank you for help in advance.

3 Replies
best response confirmed by MonikaK (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @MonikaK  - we had an incident today where choice columns formatted as radio buttons included a blank choice.  We opened a Microsoft support ticket and they have since resolved it.  Microsoft posted this to our Office 365 Message Center:

Additional blank Choice option on SharePoint Online lists
SP201752, SharePoint Online,
Last updated: January 20, 2020 12:39 PM
Start time: January 17, 2020 3:00 PM,
End time: January 20, 2020 12:11 PM
User impact: Users were seeing an additional blank field when selecting a Choices option within SharePoint Online lists.

Latest message 
Title: Additional blank Choice option on SharePoint Online lists

User Impact: Users were seeing an additional blank field when selecting a Choices option within SharePoint Online lists.

More info: The additional blank field was seen within the drop-down menu when selecting a Choices option.

Final status: We determined that a previously implemented fix intended to remediate a code issue was reverted, resulting in service impact. We've reapplied the fix throughout the affected environment and received confirmation from affected users that impact has been remediated.

Scope of impact: Your organization was affected by this event. This issue may have potentially affected any of your users attempting to select a Choice option from the drop-down menu on SharePoint Online lists.

Start time: Friday, January 17, 2020, 3:00 PM (8:00 PM UTC)
End time: Monday, January 20, 2020, 12:11 PM (5:11 PM UTC)

@Deleted @MonikaK 

@marcusbancroft reported the same error here. In my Message center is no information about this bug. and the bug still existits

Thank you @Deleted 

I have checked it and it works now for me.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by MonikaK (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @MonikaK  - we had an incident today where choice columns formatted as radio buttons included a blank choice.  We opened a Microsoft support ticket and they have since resolved it.  Microsoft posted this to our Office 365 Message Center:

Additional blank Choice option on SharePoint Online lists
SP201752, SharePoint Online,
Last updated: January 20, 2020 12:39 PM
Start time: January 17, 2020 3:00 PM,
End time: January 20, 2020 12:11 PM
User impact: Users were seeing an additional blank field when selecting a Choices option within SharePoint Online lists.

Latest message 
Title: Additional blank Choice option on SharePoint Online lists

User Impact: Users were seeing an additional blank field when selecting a Choices option within SharePoint Online lists.

More info: The additional blank field was seen within the drop-down menu when selecting a Choices option.

Final status: We determined that a previously implemented fix intended to remediate a code issue was reverted, resulting in service impact. We've reapplied the fix throughout the affected environment and received confirmation from affected users that impact has been remediated.

Scope of impact: Your organization was affected by this event. This issue may have potentially affected any of your users attempting to select a Choice option from the drop-down menu on SharePoint Online lists.

Start time: Friday, January 17, 2020, 3:00 PM (8:00 PM UTC)
End time: Monday, January 20, 2020, 12:11 PM (5:11 PM UTC)

View solution in original post