List and sublist; Is this possible?

Copper Contributor

We want to make an order list, but an order might have several suborders. 

As an example, an order is inputted. Say 'Entertainment Set' which consist of a TV, Stereo and extra items. 

Is it possible to create a sub list of the additional items to track? Say the total price is $1000 and only the stereo ships, can we make it as $200 Stereo shipped and received.

I have tried YouTube and Google with no luck. 

3 Replies

@not_a_pro You can create hierarchy in SharePoint lists using lookup columns.

You can create a "Orders" list with common details for all suborders and 2nd "Suborders" list to store details of each suborder - in suborders list, you can create a lookup column from "Orders" list.

DocumentationCreate list relationships by using lookup columns  

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

So the user would have to enter data on two separate forms? I was hoping to avoid this.

@not_a_pro You can create a simple canvas power apps to combine the list forms and submit the data in two separate lists.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.