SOLVED

Links in SharePoint list

Brass Contributor

Hello :)

I have a list with a column for hyperlinks. When I deleted another column (single line of text) an image appeared next to the link and the full link name is not displayed, even when I increase the column width. I copied some of the text from the deleted column into the link column, could this really have something to do with it? Se image below:

aaanne_0-1682409151462.png

Thanks in advance.

k.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by aaanne (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@aaanne Are you using modern experience SharePoint list?

Check if you are using any JSON column formatting for your hyperlink column based on other columns. If yes, deleting the other column will impact the column formatting to show like this.

If you are using classic experience, check if any custom code is added to your list view page for changing display of the hyperlink column.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

Much appreciated @ganeshsanap. I just deleted the entire column and set up a new one :)
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by aaanne (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@aaanne Are you using modern experience SharePoint list?

Check if you are using any JSON column formatting for your hyperlink column based on other columns. If yes, deleting the other column will impact the column formatting to show like this.

If you are using classic experience, check if any custom code is added to your list view page for changing display of the hyperlink column.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

View solution in original post