SOLVED

Link to a special section of SharePoint Site

Copper Contributor

Is it possible to get a link to a special section of a sharepoint site, so that the user has not to scroll down the whole page till he finds what he is searching for? 

3 Replies
best response confirmed by SophieBSD (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Yes, if the section is labeled with text that uses a Heading style, you can hover over the text (when the page is not in edit mode) to grab the URL for that section of the page. The URL provides a direct link to the section from the quick links or text web parts. It cannot be used in navigation links, however. I often use this approach to build a “ table of contents” on long pages.

Another technique you can use that is now fully rolled out is collapsible sections. This allows you to show section headings collapsed so that readers can quickly scan and expand the section with the information they are looking for. It relies on very clear section naming, of course.
Thank you so much @Susan Hanley! :)

@SophieBSD 

You can find more information about collapsible section in SharePoint online at: SharePoint: Collapsible sections on modern pages 

Please consider giving Like if my post helped you in any way.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SophieBSD (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Yes, if the section is labeled with text that uses a Heading style, you can hover over the text (when the page is not in edit mode) to grab the URL for that section of the page. The URL provides a direct link to the section from the quick links or text web parts. It cannot be used in navigation links, however. I often use this approach to build a “ table of contents” on long pages.

Another technique you can use that is now fully rolled out is collapsible sections. This allows you to show section headings collapsed so that readers can quickly scan and expand the section with the information they are looking for. It relies on very clear section naming, of course.

View solution in original post