SOLVED

Likes functionality not working in the news pages | Office 365 SharePoint Online

Brass Contributor

Hello,

We observed this issue on news pages, existing likes count disappeared and Likes functionality not working.

I checked this on multiple tenant and issue is still there.

It seems this is OOB issue from Microsoft, Hopefully it will fix in the coming release.

Thank you.

BR.

Sid

17 Replies

I have been experiencing the same issue across our news pages. I can still see how many people have liked the page when I hover over the like button however it doesn't display the amount of likes by default. The amount of comments and views is still displaying but not the likes. 

@AidanC we are currently investigating the behavior. Thanks

@Bruno Aleixo   Just adding myself as a "me too" to get updates on this resolution.

@SiddheshwarKohale  - we're experiencing the same issue in our tenant. I would be keen to hear as and when anyone has a resolution. Thanks

we are still investigating and working on this issue. I will circle back once i have news

@SiddheshwarKohalewe are seeing the same issues too, on multiple tenants.

Update: We have identified the issue and working on a fix for it. It should be done very soon. I will let you know once its deployed.

We are also facing this issue from last few days, after opening MS case we came to know about this issue. We expect atleast it should be an advisiory to be published on M365 service Health Portal. Thanks for understanding. 

@SiddheshwarKohale We have the same problem. I follow this conversation to keep up with any development concerning this issue.

best response confirmed by SiddheshwarKohale (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Sari Kangas the fix is deploying to production already. When it gets 100% everywhere i will circle back. For any additional information please raise a support ticket.

@Bruno Aleixo Thank you for your quick response.

Issue got resolved. Likes functionality working perfectly fine. I have cross verified on the multiple tenants and it seems that fix has been applied successfully.

Thank you.

BR.

Sid

Great response, thank you for acting so swiftly.

Thanks for fixing this issue. Although it's a minor detail and doesn't stop anyone to breath it's still a wanted and followed feature. @Bruno Aleixo 

This issue was related to per Friendly ID SP191405.

SP191405 - Can't write or edit sites

User Impact: Users may have been unable to write or edit sites.

Final status: The routine maintenance is now complete. We've confirmed via monitoring that impact is mitigated.

Scope of impact: This issue could have potentially affected any of your users if they were routed through the affected infrastructure.

Start time: Tuesday, September 24, 2019, at 2:14 AM UTC
End time: Tuesday, September 24, 2019, at 2:29 AM UTC

Root cause: We performed routine maintenance to ensure optimal performance in the future. Impact could've been experienced during the maintenance.

Hi @Mitul Rana  what you are posting about a incident is not related to the thread on this like feature. Thanks

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by SiddheshwarKohale (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Sari Kangas the fix is deploying to production already. When it gets 100% everywhere i will circle back. For any additional information please raise a support ticket.

View solution in original post