Liferay to SharePoint Migration

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I want to migrate all the data from liferay portal to SharePoint Online ...

what is the better approach to do? or do we have any third party tool to do the same.?

6 Replies
Curious to know your findings for this scenario...I'm not aware of any tool that allows to migrate from Liferau to SPO

I too would be interested in your findings..

Hi! There must be an option to migrate the data with jquery, json, Ajax or other JavaScript because Wikipedia says so: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liferay

You can try with visual studio to build a solution on your own, hence there is no migration tool so far.

Hope that helps. Greets, Eva
Hi! There must be an option to migrate the data with jquery, json, Ajax or other JavaScript, Wikipedia says so.

You can try with visual studio to build a solution on your own, hence there is no migration tool so far.

Hope that helps. Greets, Eva

@Juan Carlos González Martín we are working with a client at the moment to migrate them from on-premise LifeRay to SharePoint Online. The version of liferay they have has an export feature that uses some metadata to create the folder structure on a local disk and then we’re using ShareGate to upload and tag based on the folders.

hope this helps,

James.

@JamesMilne Have you applied the same solution mention or use any other tool for LifeRay to SharePoint Online migration ?