Library View filter begins with number

Brass Contributor

I have a large Library in SharePoint Online. As there are over 5000 items, grouping is not working. Microsoft support recommended I create a series of views for every letter of the alphabet which stinks but I did it and its working. I also have many items that start with a number and I would like to create a view just for items the begin with any number but I don't see a way to do this without creating a view for each number 0-9. 

Any suggestions?

4 Replies
can't just add multiple Startswith 0 OR Startswith 1 OR Startswith 2 etc. down the list in the filter?

@Chris Webb you can only have 9 filters, there are 10 numbers.

Guess lets go back to the root issue. What does view's by letter accomplish? What is the end goal as far as returning documents themselves here?

@Chris Webb We have a document library in the cloud with 5678 documents and since we've exceeded the 5000 item threshold our views are broken with regard to grouping. After MANY conversations with Microsoft support it has been recommended by support that grouping is out in views and grouping by view is what we need to do. Kind of a hack job work around but that was our option. So I'm left with creating a huge list of views, both alphabetically, numerically and by content type. All of which is very interesting as documentation tells us there is a 50 view limit for a list or library but Microsoft tells us there is no limit online... What a mess