Left Navigation doesn't load until I refresh page

Copper Contributor

I have a weird situation and am hoping someone on here might have some insight for me.

I have a single user reporting this issue, it may be more widespread but for now, it's just them. A few things to note before going into the details: our environment is SPO, the sites are all team sites using the modern view, this user has contribute access to all sites, and this issue happens in all browsers: IE, Edge, and Chrome.

Our top level navigation has all the hubs in our tenant listed, then under each hub there are links to different libraries under those hubs. As a result, our top level navigation has several drop down lists. 

When this user clicks a link from the top level navigation, the left side navigation of the page he chose does not load. If he refreshes, then the left navigation will load completely. If he tries from the same browser session, the page loads fine. If he goes to the hub and selects the library from the left navigation, it loads with no issues. 

I suspect this has something to do with caching or permissions.  

Has anyone run into this? Or does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve for my user?

0 Replies