SOLVED

Learning Pathways

Brass Contributor

Afternoon all (here in the UK anyway)

My employer has just deployed a Learning Management System despite there being a huge amount of crossover with Office 365 and Learning Pathways in particular (don't ask!)

They're now asking if Learning Pathways is LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability) compatible so that statistics can feed into the LMS we've purchased.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Many thanks

Jonathan

5 Replies
best response confirmed by jhobdell (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@jhobdell No experience with LTI - but if there is a service endpoint where you could feed data into the system, you probably could get your usage statistics of your Learning Pathways site from the Audit parts of the Graph API. Then transform the data into what the service endpoint accepts in the LTI system.

@Timothy Balk In theory that sounds like it would work, but it's all a bit beyond me, to be honest.  We're fairly strictly segregated between hardware support (like me) and people that might know how to do this (various developer teams).  I'll let you know how I/we get on.

Hi @jhobdell - did you have any joy? What statistics have you managed to pull from LP and how please?

Currently looking to ramp up consumption, but also potentially gain some insight into the usage but not seen that covered anywhere. Is it through sharepoint reporting you can gain access to any analytics? I'm not familiar with those at all.

Also wondering if we can enable users to fill out an MS Forms 'quiz' at the end of a session and if this would help capture some personalised data / or we even can integrate in LP ?

@ricl We haven't finished migrating to SharePoint Online yet, so we haven't deployed Learning Pathways.  There is a lot of training material out there but it's difficult to find the good stuff that's actually going to help you.  Have you come across the Admin Success Centre yet?

This video is the one I've found most helpful, even in advance of deploying LP.  From memory, the first half is dedicated to the end user experience, and the second half is dedicated to the admin experience (roughly speaking).  I've had good feedback from sharing it elsewhere.

Hi @jhobdell 

Thanks for your response, much appreciated!

Not seen either of those so will digest, thank you. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by jhobdell (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@jhobdell No experience with LTI - but if there is a service endpoint where you could feed data into the system, you probably could get your usage statistics of your Learning Pathways site from the Audit parts of the Graph API. Then transform the data into what the service endpoint accepts in the LTI system.

View solution in original post