Launch PowerApp (Canvas) from button in Sharepoint List

Copper Contributor

I am looking for some assistance on how to launch a PowerApp in Sharepoint online by clicking on a button in a Sharepoint List.

The Powerapp is designed to edit a line item and upload an attachment. This will be line item specific.

At the moment, I am struggling to write the JSON that will launch the PowerApp within the Sharepoint window after clicking the button. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies

@FalsumConsult Follow below video by @RezaDorrani, it should help you with your requirements:

Run Power Apps from SharePoint List as Custom Cards 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

@ganeshsanap 

Thanks for the link but this functionality has been deprecated by Microsoft and is no longer available. Do you have any ideas on how else we could apply a similar functionality?

@FalsumConsult Then you cannot open the power apps in the SharePoint window using JSON formatting. 

Consider below approaches:

1. Customize the SharePoint list forms using power apps instead of creating standalone canvas app
  2. You can create a hyperlink to canvas app with ID as a parameter in URL and then open the canvas app in same/new browser tab on click of hyperlink

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.