Join 2 SharePoint List

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I would like to join 2 lists and display in a single list.

Let say, I have following 2 lists:
Product

IDProduct NameUnit Price
1A

2B200

Order

IDProductID (Foreign Key)Quantity

Finally, join the above 2 list by the ProductID, and output into following result list:

OrderIDProduct NameQuantityUnit Price 
1A5100
2A4100
3B20200

It should be achieved by using the "Content Query Web Part (CQWP)" in previous version of SharePoint, but how can I achieve the above in the Modern SharePoint Online? by using Highlight Content Web Part? or use client-side script to call REST API to join the list and display in a html table?

In advance, can I also apply the SharePoint default list feature into the result list, e.g. Search, sort/filter by column

Many thanks,

Lam

1 Reply
You basically need to use PowerApps to accomplish this in Modern UI. There are multiple ways of accomplishing it, but search around and you should be able to get how to accomplish it. One example here. https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/Syntax-for-joining-tables/td-p/6138...

Other ways of accomplishing it, but you can't really do this inside of SharePoint itself. You might be able to get creative with PowerAutomate flows to come up with a 3rd (Joined) type list but that could get risky.