SOLVED

It it possible to turn on sharing "Anyone with the link" for a site?

Brass Contributor

I would like to turn on the opportunity to turn on the sharing option "Anyone with the link" for just one or two sitecollections without having to do anything with the rest of the sites/OneDrives on the tenant. Is that possible?

3 Replies

@Tonje Waasjø 

Anonymous access can be turned on per site collection in the SharePoint Admin centre as long as this setting as been set at the tenant level. If its off for the whole tenant then it is not possible to turn it on for any site collections. 

Thanks for the quick reply @Andrew Hodges. But if I turn it on now, will all the excisisting site collections then have it turned on? 

best response confirmed by Tonje Waasjø (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Tonje Waasjø 

No they won't. You may want to check newly created site collections though, the default depends on whether the site collection was created with an Office 365 account or without. From memory my testing showed no external sharing when no Office 365 group created but set to "New and existing users" when a group was created. The second may depend on what default setting you have at the tenant. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Tonje Waasjø (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Tonje Waasjø 

No they won't. You may want to check newly created site collections though, the default depends on whether the site collection was created with an Office 365 account or without. From memory my testing showed no external sharing when no Office 365 group created but set to "New and existing users" when a group was created. The second may depend on what default setting you have at the tenant. 

View solution in original post