Issues with to lists and the use of calculated columns

Copper Contributor

Hi guys, I need help.

I have two lists, Inventory and Orders.

The inventory is basically just product name, product number, amount and location. 
The order has customer name, customer number, a look-up field from inventory to see the amount available, and a column for the amount needed from the customer. 

What I wish to do, is be able to update the inventory amount field when a new order with the order amount field is added. 

I tried to google a bit, but not much relevant was found. I also tried to use powerapps, but couldnt find the right formula, and i tried to use flow to update the inventory amount, but cant find the right expression there either.
Can anyone help?

3 Replies

Can anyone help out?

Hi @Holtklimpen,

not sure your looking for a calculated column or a addition column from your order list?

If you need a order sum for a customer from your inventory list I recommend to use a automatic excel and/or Power BI. After this you can filter by your customer name, customer number, etc.

I'm not sure if the total sum feature for columns in the modern view already supported.

Regards
Jens

Hi @Holtklimpen

if you can use Flow, then on the new order create event trigger, you can get related Inventory item (I suppose you have the lookup to the inventory in your order list item) and then update the remaining amount in the Inventory item: inventory_remaining_amount=inventory_remaining_amount-ordered amount. If your orders can be edited, then the flow gets a bit complicated because you'll have to adjust remaining amount.