SOLVED

Issues with SharePoint News Digest

Brass Contributor

We post all of our news on SharePoint as individual articles. Then, I cobble together a weekly employee newsletter by sending a digest of the news to myself and adding our branding to it (a pain in the butt, Microsoft, since you don't allow us to do so in SharePoint). Normally, when it sends the digest, each of the articles' headers are links to that specific news item. All of a sudden, it is linking each and every article to the digest instead of to the news post. This is a malfunction that needs to be fixed. The point of the digest is to allow people browse the buffet of news items and then go look at the specific news article they select. If I wanted them to go look at a full list of articles, I would just create a simple email saying "Go to our news site: link." 

17 Replies

Hi @Joni_Kirk, did you already post your problems on SharePoint´s UserVoice? I found some articles for you there, maybe you can otherwise explain your ideas here? https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/search?filter=merged&query=news%20posts%20digest

Have a good week, greets from Eva. 

@Eva Vogel I didn't know this existed! Thank you for the link. 

Hi @Joni_Kirk , we've just noticed this and I'd call this either a bug or a change in the functionality.  Either is not good.

Clicking on an article should logically take you to the article, rather than a list of all the articles in the news digest.

It appears to be an issue that has occurred this week.

Dear @Andrew Silcock@Joni_Kirk deserves asuch a fierce kudo for finding this bug first :=), don´t you think?

- agreed this needs to be explained - I have my own tenant and customer tenant the same thing is happening with the creation process for the page not adding links to the articles but to the page. 

Microsoft - someone needs to respond. BUG or Feature??

@Joni_Kirk the same has been reported by our Comms team, one week after migrating our internal news to SPO. This is so frustrating and one of the reasons that the o365 release model bugs me, we have no control over what MSFT will do. We have raised a support ticket, however I'm not sure they will do anything.

@Joni_Kirk we have also experienced the same issue this week. We'd gained a good following with this news digest and users were confused with the changed functionality.

Any resolve, further insight, or work around to deploy on this issue anyone has found or received?

I have heard nothing about how to resolve this. Any idea how to get Microsoft's attention on this malfunction? Here's an example of the same link being used in different news article links in the digest. It happens for all of them.

Hi @Andrew Silcock, do you have good news for us "Readers Digest"? Or any advice or workaround instead? That would be helpful, I guess...

Many Thanks,

Eva.

Hi all, I've logged a ticket with Microsoft support for this one, I'll let you know what they come back with.

@Andrew Silcock Please keep us updated. We are experiencing the same issue.

We are currently investigating this behavior. 

Issue has been identified and should be fixed very soon

@Willi35 Microsoft are expecting to resolve this one by the 18th Nov, not sure if that means we'll see the fix by then or whether it will take a while to roll out across the world?

best response confirmed by Joni_Kirk (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Andrew Silcock The issue seems to be fixed ! Thank you 

@Willi35 Thank you! It was resolved when I put together my internal newsletter today. Thanks! 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Joni_Kirk (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@Andrew Silcock The issue seems to be fixed ! Thank you 

View solution in original post