Issues with accessing SharePoint Files though Web Dev

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I've got x2 users who are having issues when accessing files though SharePoint mapped WebDev links. When they open documents on the mapped drive, they get an instant alert which makes them resave the document stright away.

In some cases this initial save is lost, meaing when a save is done later on, any changes made by the user are lost. Please advise on what I can do to get this resolved.

Many thanks!

5 Replies
Might I ask why are you mapping SPO Document Libraries using WebDav instead of using the OneDrive Sync Client? Or alternatively: why not open the files from SPO UI using the option to open with the Office desktop clients?

We've found the webDav option (explorer view) to be extremely buggy and getting worse.  For our users that need to interact with files in Windows Explorer, we tell them to use the OneDrive desktop app (aka sync client).

I referred to this support article a lot because most of our issues were simply opening it (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2629108/how-to-use-the-open-with-explorer-command-to-troubl... One thing that we would see that might be related to what you have is that logins would time out and create issues with opening / saving documents eventually.

I'm honestly not sure why, this is for a client and they had been setup on this before. I can only imagine that this was done before the "Next gen sync client". But I agree, the OneDrive sync client is far better.

For the moment I'd just wanted to see what I could do / if anything with the WebDav link as this is what 100+ users are using for SharePoint.

Side note, does Microsoft recommend against Connecting to SharePoint though WebDev?
Thanks for letting me know.

Do you happen to have another link? The one you shared doesn't open for me or some reason I just an error page on MS.

Thanks again
Hi Enzo. You could try mapping the network drives using Zee Drive, more information here http://www.thinkscape.com/Map-Network-Drives-To-Office-365-OneDrive/

You may find Zee Drive provides more reliability than the WebDAV drive mapping.

Zee Drive is a commercial tool.

Myles