SOLVED

Is there a way to show «Sharing» column in a SharePoint library

Iron Contributor

I would like to show the «Sharing» column in a SharePoint library as it displayed on the OneDrive.

Sharing.png

We try not to break the security per folders but we sometimes have to. The «Sharing» column could display «Group» or «Default» when it is inherited but «Shared» when inheritance is broken.

This could be displayed in OneDrive and SharePoint UI.

I looked in uservoice first but didn't see it.

Is it already somehow possible?

If not, do you think it makes sense? If so, I'll create the uservoice.

Thanks

6 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Once you break inheritance on a folder you can add Shared with and Shared With Details columns to list views with the details of all the broken inheritance permissions. 

Shared With.PNG

Pieter is absolutely correct!

This is exactly what I was looking for.

I never noticed these columns. Is it something new?

Thank you very much.

Also once you share a document to a user (internal or external) the Shared With metadata is then available in the document library to add to the view. You can then subsequently delete the document. Also you can also save this library as a template and then it is available as well. Not then necessary to break inheritance on the library.

where the document is share with many people, the display is not very cool

no way to have display like in OneDrive ?

@Eric LE CORRE There are a lot of issues or 'things not entirely right or intuitive' with the current implementation in SharePoint. I would love to see the behaviour like OneDrive has as well. Vote for this:  https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/264636-general/suggestions/18413539--shared-with-column-does-...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution

Once you break inheritance on a folder you can add Shared with and Shared With Details columns to list views with the details of all the broken inheritance permissions. 

Shared With.PNG

View solution in original post