Is there a way to have a webpart "templates" in multiple pages?

Copper Contributor

Hello,

there is many pages in my SPO that I want to have a very same Quick links webpart with same links in multiple pages and to have a ability to change these links later (so it change automatically in every page where I ember that webpart).

Is there a way to have such functionality?

*P.S. I know about Page templates, but this is not working as I need to have ability to change links later.

Thank you!

5 Replies
No with the Quick Links WebPart provided, by achievable with a custom Quick Links WebPart imho

@RytisKN Have you tried to design a page as template, then save it and then copy the page, rename it. You then can change the link in the later stage? 

Yes, I did that.

What I need is that changes made in template would be visible in all pages that used such template and was created from the template previously.

@RytisKN  thanks for elaborating that. So you want the change to repopulate in all the pages that are using the same template.  I have never tried that so I'm not quite sure if that is possible. That would be so cool if this feature is available though. 

Best of luck 

Jackie 

Exactly.

From what I see, at the moment it is impossible with default tools. There is few workarounds (like creating a custom webpart or trying to embed aspx files), which is not suitable for my case.

Though, I am in hope about these features will be available sometime in near future :)