SOLVED

Is there a way to add Discussion Board & Asset lists/Apps inside modern communication site

Steel Contributor

I have created a new test modern communication site to explore it features. and one thing i have noted is that when i tried to add an App inside the communication site, i did NOT get most of the apps such as discussion board, Asset library, Picture library, etc.. so can i know why communication sites does not provide these apps/lists? now i thought that these apps are not provided in the modern site collections, but i have note that if i create a new modern team site i get these apps.. so seems it is a restriction for the modern communication sites only?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
IF you want those lists /apps (by the way, they will not work on modern) you need to enable the Team Collaboration Lists feature at the site level

@Juan Carlos González Martín  Should it be Community Site Feature to enable discussion boards? Team collaboration lists features would help in documents/lists right?.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by VI_Migration (Silver Contributor)
Solution
IF you want those lists /apps (by the way, they will not work on modern) you need to enable the Team Collaboration Lists feature at the site level

View solution in original post