SOLVED

Is the promote feature not working for anyone else?

Copper Contributor

I'm currently unable to use the promote feature, and others in my organization have the same issue. We click the promote button, then the email button.

GreenBlueToZu_0-1682099965410.png

I enter my email, and I click send. Nothing happens. (I omitted my email from this screenshot). The send button is blue and appears normal when I click send.

GreenBlueToZu_1-1682100053361.png

I never get an email. I've tried this multiple times today. What could be causing this? 

4 Replies

@GreenBlueToZu sorry, no idea. It's working fine in my organization.

Rob
Los Gallardos
Intranet, SharePoint and Power Platform Manager (and classic 1967 Morris Traveller driver)

best response confirmed by GreenBlueToZu (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@GreenBlueToZu I just tested this on our SharePoint site and it is working fine for me. I received email without any issue: 

ganeshsanap_0-1682156729257.pngCan you try creating pages in another SharePoint site on same tenant and follow same steps to narrow down the issue?

If not working, the issue is specific to your SharePoint site tenant. In that case, raise support ticket with Microsoft directly and report this behavior. Follow: Get M365 support - online support 

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

For SharePoint/Power Platform blogs, visit: Ganesh Sanap Blogs

@GreenBlueToZu Also, check if emails are going to Junk/Spam folder. It can happen sometimes.

Please click Mark as Best Response & Like if my post helped you to solve your issue. This will help others to find the correct solution easily. It also closes the item. If the post was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Like.

Thank you Ganesh. The emails did finally get to my inbox yesterday. They initially didn't show in my inbox or my junk folder on Friday. I tested the promote functions on multiple sites today, and it's working normally. I'm not sure why it wasn't working last Friday. Once again, thank you for looking into this.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by GreenBlueToZu (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@GreenBlueToZu I just tested this on our SharePoint site and it is working fine for me. I received email without any issue: 

ganeshsanap_0-1682156729257.pngCan you try creating pages in another SharePoint site on same tenant and follow same steps to narrow down the issue?

If not working, the issue is specific to your SharePoint site tenant. In that case, raise support ticket with Microsoft directly and report this behavior. Follow: Get M365 support - online support 

View solution in original post